Monday, September 17, 2007

Top 7 Things I Loved About the Utah State Fair


We went to the Fair on Saturday with my cousins, Mitch and Nancy, and their two boys, Bryton and Mason. It was a blast! I always love the Fair. I think I've had an obsession going to it every year ever since I watched the musical "State Fair". For those of you who know that musical, I'm sure it brings to mind the song, "Our state fair is a great state fair. Don't miss it, don't even be late..." I was singing it all night to Nate!

Anyway, here's the top seven things we loved about the Fair this year!

7-) All the GIGANTIC fruits and veggies...
6-) Two words - Holy Cow...


















5-) All the cute farm animals...
4-) The fact that you could "See the Giant Pig....Alive!" (versus the Giant Pig...dead??)
3-) The Tractor Pull...which by the way made me really mad. Apparently there is no tractor involved at all in the processs! They soup up these big trucks and try to pull a weighted sled. Dumb. Nate and Mitch kept trying to explain it to Nancy and me, but we were just disappointed...shouldn't a tractor pull involve tractors??

2-) The Giant Slide! (We even got to take Claire on it with us!)

See us at the top?

1-) Spending time with family!














5 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

Ohhh I remeber the days way back when, when you would try and get me to watch all your musicals! and you'd sing ALL the songs from them! "oklahoma..." haha- you crack me up! I was sick and missed the fair this year- your blog made me so sad!

Bonny said...

That was an awesome post!

Kristy said...

That looks so fun. You have to love going to a fair! It is such a fun fall thing to do.

The Parks Fam said...

I totally wanted to ride that yellow slide when we went! Im so mad I didnt get too, If only I had known that you could take little ones on it? Looks like you had a blast, you gotta love the fair!

Anonymous said...

Actually there are tractors that pull the weighted sleds, we just weren't there at the time they were doing that. Maybe next year we'll see real tractors.