Friday, August 29, 2008

Random August fun

How is it possible that August is almost over? Summer is basically over. Sad. Here are a few photos to chronicle our second half of August...
Claire's first time ever rockin the piggies...finally, I can do something new with her hair...

Playing at a local park one day. All she wanted to do was climb up and down this ramp.
She would climb up it...


Then run down giggling to herself and sit in the middle. Of course, she would never look at me when she was giggling so I could capture the moment. Instead, this is how she looked after I said her name about ten times and she finally decided to grace me with a quick glance before getting up again.

This is a few days later swimming with her cousin, Drew, in her new pool. Poor Drew didn't have a hat, so he got to wear one of Claire's. I think he can pull it off.

She loves to "splash, splash, splash" or as she says it, "spaa, spaa, spaa."

I've finally gotten a picture of how Claire sleeps. Almost every time I sneak into her room during her nap, this is what she looks like. Bum up.
Looks comfy, huh?

Good times. Yes, Nate and I still exist even though I haven't gotten any photos of us lately.

PS-We're headed to Boston for a fun-filled week with Nate's sister and fam. Woo hoo! Can't wait to see my nephew and niece again!

PPS-Lately my body has decided that sleep is not necessary and that's why this post was written at 4 AM. :(

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire,
Why do you have the same pool as me? And I also want to know why Claire has the same playground as us? Why does Claire sleep with her bum in the air like Allie? Why does Allison do that, too? Why do you have the same Crocs as me?

Josh and Kelsey said...

Mel, Claire is still as cute as ever! Let me know when you start to slow down long enough to have lunch and chat! =)

Kyle and Marci said...

That is too cute. I have looked everywhere for hats like those for Kam, but to no avail.

It seems like we always miss each other. Kambri and I fly into Salt Lake next weekend. Maybe y'all should just take holiday down here and come and see us. Have fun with your family!!!

The Hilton Family~ said...

Such cute pics! It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun times this month. I am so sad that summer is coming to an end:( We are, however, excited to see you on the 13th for pictures!!

Camille said...

those are the cutest pictures! We need to get bridgette and claire together, they would have so much fun!

Triple A said...

Claire is the cutest. So I know what you mean about August and frankly the whole summer flying by. We can only hope for a long fall.

Dede said...

Claire seems too young to be running around on the playground! What a cutie... I love the pig tails. Have fun on your vacation!!

Leslie said...

Claire is a doll and I love those pigtails. Love your pics, I think you should teach me a thing or two about photography. Have fun on your vaca, hope to see you soon!

The Nortons said...

Love the pigtails!

Marie said...

Of course Claire is darling, but do you know the part of your post that struck me the most? That you're not sleeping. I hope you are taking care of yourself! You know, I've been having a little insomnia lately. I toss and turn a lot, but I always worry that if I get up to do something I'll never get back to bed. Anyway, I think mothers go through these kinds of phases, but I hope it's nothing serious for you. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!

Johnson Fam said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip. Claire is a DOLL.

Bonny said...

i think that top picture is my most fav pic of claire ever. so cute!