Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Zoo, the potty and one cute little girl

We went to Kangaroo Zoo (again) on Monday, this time with cousins Drew and Corgan in tow.


Claire figured out how to climb up the biggest slide by herself.


And then go down by herself. I found myself a little choked up realizing that she's big enough to do that herself. Seriously. Stop growing.


Then we got to see the actual Kangaroo from Kangaroo Zoo. You would have thought we were meeting Elvis or something. She ran right over to him, then the second he put his hand out for a high five, she ran away screaming and crying. I had to force her to get anywhere near him after that.


For the past little while, Claire has seemed to want to start potty training. She tells me before (and after) she "goes" and always wants to sit on the toilet. So I got her a little seat to go on the toilet and she loves to sit on her "Elmo Potty". Here she is, sitting on her potty, watching "Baby Signing Time", and holding the treat she gets if she goes. So far, its been working.


Finally, I got a new camera lens yesterday and wanted to test it out. Claire always gets to be my guinea pig...


Since she was a baby, she loves to stick that tongue out.


"Ready, set..."


A very confused "Touchdown".

10 comments:

jakenapril said...

Gotta love the "yoo yoo" as Ashton calls it. And seriously, can Claire be any cuter? I'm with you, "stop growing already!" I feel the same way. But love it, embrace it, and be glad you have so many freakin' cute pics of her...doesn't get any better. I wish Ashton was into all the potty training...he's just all about the "business"--no potty.

Brooke said...

I love the new posts. Claire is so sweet. Thanks for sharing all the pictures! I'm jealous of your new lense!! ;) We have a 18-200mm and LOVE it. I can't wait to get more.

Anonymous said...

Confused "touchdown" ha ha ha. I love it.

Leslie said...

Oh she is so so cute. I love her hair! Please please tell me how you get lists on the right and left side of your blog. I have been dying to do it.

Marie said...

You'll find there will be many times you will get choked up at strange moments as your kids grow. And I agree with Claire: the kangaroo is kind of creepy. It looks like it's going to eat you, Mel.

Dennis Family said...

So fun!! I seriously need to take the boys to the zoo! Claire is adorable! I can't believe the pictures of her toliet training!! Good for her! Cameron and I talk about it but so far that is as far as we have got!! Yea Claire!!

Amy said...

Love the pictures of little Claire, she is so cute! I agree that seeing our kids grow up is so hard, but the so rewarding.

You have done a great job with Claire!

The Bawdens said...

Can Claire get any cuter? They grow up so fast!! Fun pictures.

C C & R said...

Hi Melissa! So a little while ago I was looking at your blog when you took Kelly's family pictures (so cute by the way) and saw your family picture. Little did I know that my husband would be meeting your husband through work. Anyway, I'm not sure how I put two and two together but that's what happened. It looks like things are going really well with you. I love, love, love your pictures and will be looking to schedule you to take pictures of my little girl soon!
-Chelsie (Smith) Draney

Sharlie and Raynel said...

I really need to check out this Kangaroo Zoo! Cute Pictures! Claire get's the royal treatment at potty time... I will remeber that for the next one!