Tuesday, September 8, 2009

One sweet Labor Day weekend

Labor Day ROCKED this year. It started bright and early Friday morning at Swiss Days. We were not the only ones thinking that...it was a zoo!


The scones were SO good. I will be going every year to at least get a scone.


It was hot, but so worth it!

{I - gasp! - forgot my camera...so thanks, April, for remembering!}


That night we got to meet our friend's new addition, Rocky Charles, at the hospital. He was born at almost nine pounds...way to go Danielle! Such a cute, chubby little guy.


Claire just loved him.


Saturday thru Monday we went camping with the fam. Claire and Corgan loved jumping on the air mattress.


We were right next to this little river. The kids entertained themselves by throwing pine cones in.


Nate and me


Action shot of Nate chopping the wood.


My cousin Nancy brought bubbles and they were a hit!


My brother, Ryan, and his cute girlfriend Olivia.


Group shot, with a few people missing who had already left. This was taken on our last morning after cleaning up the campground...so we all look really awesome.


Finally, on the evening of Labor Day, we went to a luau at Thanksgiving Point. YUM, I love luau food! Here's everyone waiting on the grass for the show to begin.


All the girls (minus the moms)


These kids love playing together!


Family shot


Claire got to go up on stage and learn the hula. She was front and center and loved every second of it. I've got to get her in a dance class.




I've decided that we need to petition that it be Labor Week, not Labor Day.

11 comments:

Marie said...

Cute pics. Looks like you had a blast! I've never been to Swiss Days, and it seems I'm missing out. I'll have to go next year. We spent Labor Day laboring -- cleaning out the car, doing laundry, organizing food storage. As we were dragging Olivia to bed that night, she yelled out, "I hate Labor Day!"

By the way, why on earth did Nate have to chop the wood into such small pieces? :)

Jenny said...

I will totally sign your labor week petition!

jakenapril said...

whew! what a weekend indeed! did you ever get to snuggle buddies? and there's a luau at thankgiving point?!? that sounds like a must for next year...after swiss days, of course! and claire, i'm sure, stole the show. she's such a cutie!!!

jakenapril said...

p.s. and labor week sounds good to me! where do i sign?

Dennis Family said...

One of my favorite parts of the Luau was watching Claire dance! She is so cute!! It was fun to see you guys...maybe next time it will be on purpose! :)

Leslie said...

I've never been to swiss days and I am dying to go. You guys always do such fun things! I love Claire in her hawaiian get up. She is a doll!

Tiff said...

Oh great - now you've got me craving scones! :) Looks like a very fun labor day weekend!

Orgill Family said...

Labor Day Weekend was the best one ever! My vote is this becomes a new family tradition. Camping, Luau, all of it. Plus Claire just stole the show, she was so stinkin cute! Great pics!

Trish said...

Man, she is one cute little girl. I can only hope my offspring look and act like her!

Jennifer Hatch said...

You have such a charming little family! I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Triple A said...

Gotto love swiss days and the scones...to die for. Looks like a great Labor Day.