Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Surprise!

Nate turned the big 3-0 a few weeks ago and I threw him a surprise party. I still can't believe I pulled it all off...he had no idea! Here were the invites I made for the par-tay:


So I got him out of the house by asking him to run a few errands for me that would take a couple hours to do. Then he stopped by my brother and sister-in-law's house to "help them plan the building of their garage shelves". (Thanks again E'Shell!) She kept him there until I texted her and said we were ready. Then I disabled the garage door (by pressing the "lock" button), so he had to come in the front door. We crammed over 30 people in our front room and waited for him to walk in. Funny thing was, I always have the front door locked, so he didn't even try to open it. He knocked, Claire knocked, they rang the doorbell...so finally we just opened the door, turned on the lights and yelled "Surprise!" He was shocked! Here's the sequence of pics (take note of Claire's face - she seems so confused and slowly starts to catch on to what's happening)...








This is the only pic I got of the party...its hard being hostess and photographer at the same time...


Thanks again to everyone who came! We have such wonderful friends.

Happy birthday Nate...I hope it was a memorable one!

8 comments:

Kristy said...

What a fun party. I love how in the sequence of pictures, Nate's face gets redder and redder. That would totally be me. Your invites were adorable and it looks like the party was a success! Happy 30th Nate!

Johnson Fam said...

Very Cute Melissa. I am impressed I wish that I would have done a party for Grady. I can't keep secrets though.

jakenapril said...

seriously, you are awesome! i had never been a part of such a great surprise party before, so thanks for the opportunity. i'm still laughing over claire's little knocks on the door and the doorbell ringing. come in already! what a super fun night!

The Parks Fam said...

THat was seriously such a fun party! You are quite the hostess! I still can't get over Claire's face when they came in the front door, priceless!! We had so much fun that night. We need another get together soon!

Marie said...

Happy birthday, Nate! Darling invitation, wonderful husband, great party. Only one problem: We weren't invited!!!!

Melissa and Nate said...

Yes you were Marie! Yours was the first invitation I mailed!! You never got it??

Amy said...

We had a great time at the party- I love Nate's face when he walked in!

Tiff Rudd said...

What a fun surprise! looks like you did a great job pulling it off!