Friday, May 15, 2009

The party

The invite.




The cupcakes.



The cake. Sadly, this did not turn out like the picture. Half of my family couldn't even tell what it is. Any guesses?



The presents.



Opening the presents.



The infamous Cookie Monster toy that I referred to in the post below. Still the most annoying toy ever. But how could i begrudge her of it? She loves this thing.



Cutest umbrella from Brad and E'Shell. Claire walks around the house with it singing, "Its raining, its pouring, the old Claire is snoring." Oh, and am I the only to NOT know that its bad luck to open an umbrella indoors? I was made fun of at the party for not knowing this.



The big present that she was dying to open all day.



Getting a little help opening said present.



Blowing out the candles.



One down and the determined look that the second won't be far behind.



Mission accomplished.



Eating the cake.





Happy birthday Claire!



Oh, and this blog turned two along with Claire...so happy birthday to my blog!

15 comments:

Marie said...

How cute! By the way, I could absolutely tell that the cake was a fish! It was very cute. By the way again, I have opened many an umbrella inside my house. :)

Kel said...

Adorable! Of course the cake is a fish - cute idea. I can't believe she is two, especially because that means my girl is almost 3! Looks like a fun party.

jakenapril said...

you are amazing! what a cake! i may have to employ your skills for the next party in our house. what a great party! claire is too cute...as always.

Trish said...

You are so amazing! I love the fish cake and the cupcake umbrellas! Claire is darling.

Hope said...

It's the RAINBOW FISH!

Brad said...

Yeah BUT.....
Of course you can tell it's a fish when it's taken at the angle of the picture. Take a picture from the bottom and it could very well be some satanic bunny.

Glad she likes the umbrella.

Dennis Family said...

What an adorable party! I love the whole theme. Especially the invitations! Claire is adorable! Happy Birthday Claire!!

Kristy said...

I love the fish cake- it totally looks like one. What a fun birthday party.

Martha said...

Duh! That cake is Rainbow Fish! People who say it isn't must not have kids that get read to. :) Love it! So what was in the big present??? You never took a picture!

Stephenson and Katie said...

Whatever! You are so mother of the year! Can I hire you for Beckham's Bday's? Cause I could never be that creative... LOVE the invites! And the cake! And the Cupcakes! And that cute girl!

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

Good Job Mel on a Darling B-day party! I love Claire's face with her cookie monster toy. She's so adorable.

Katie said...

This looked like a really fun party!! I love the cake!! Totally creative!!! Happy Birthday sweet Claire!!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Claire! Mel-you know how to throw the best party. Looks like fun

Amy said...

I love the invitations! Also the cake was a super cute fish. I don't bake so I'm very impressed by it! Looks like a great party.

Anonymous said...

dont want to post pics of my awesome presents to Claire? Not even the chocolate crucifix???