Thursday, May 7, 2009

Two? Really?

How did it happen? I'll never know. Claire turned two last Saturday.


Random facts/bragfest about Claire:

*Weighs 24 pounds - 28th percentile.
*32 inches tall - 17th percentile.
*Still wears 18-month clothes. In fact, she still has a 6-month jacket she wears. Good thing I bought a bunch of 2T summer clothes.


*Loves to sing and can memorize songs faster than I can.
*A few of the songs she knows: ABCs, Glad When Daddy Comes Home, A Child of God, Elmo's Song, Star Shining Brightly, Twinkle, Twinkle, Book of Mormon Stories, etc.


*Favorite time of day is morning. She'll say the craziest/funniest things when she's alone in her bedroom. (Example: "Mom, do you know what a cockroach is?" She knows this from Wall-E.)
*Favorite foods: cereal. Baby food green beans. And more cereal.
*Said her first sentence at 17 months: "Where did Daddy go?"


*Bathtime = Claire at her squealiest.
*Still a champion sleeper.
*Newest skill: opening doors. (Read: problem. At her birthday party we found her in the front yard by herself.)


*Favorite movie: its a tie between Finding Nemo/Wall-E/Signing Time.
*About a week ago she decided to give up the binkie. She just said "No binkie." I said, "Should we throw it away?" She said, "Yeah. Throw it in garbage." And she did. Hallelujah.


*Been on an airplane five times...with two more trips coming this summer.
*Been in ten states besides Utah: CA, ID, WY, MA, RI, WA, OR, OH, MI, HI.
*Favorite toy: Talking Cookie Monster from Grandma and Grandpa. Most likely the most annoying toy ever. Thanks again Mom.

*I love this girl more than I ever though possible. *Sigh.* Please don't grow any faster.

Pics from her Aloha birthday party to come soon...

14 comments:

Jennie said...

She's just too cute! These pictures are just darling! What a happy girl :)

Trish said...

Aghhh! She's so cute!! I love the one with the blue background and the one with her OH face!

The Nortons said...

Happy birthday Clarie! She is absolutely adorable! Sounds like it has been an eventful two years. Wait until you are sending her to kindergarten...that is a reality check :)

The Parks Fam said...

Happy Birthday Claire!!! She is too dang cute and one smart girl!! Love her cute outfit in those pictures!! SOOOO adorable!

Martha said...

You guys...she is absolutely the cutest and most adorable! It only gets better is what I have decided.

Sharlie and Raynel said...

Happy Birthday Claire! What cute pictures! Mel she is so cute! Love that big smile!

Marie said...

I just love the birthday girl! It's wonderful that she's so smart and happy and healthy. What a blessing! I'm cracking up that she's so small. Joe told me how you borrowed a Size 4 diaper and that it was the right size. My kids are always so tall. Anyway, I'm so happy for you that you've had two amazing years as a mother. There's no greater gift.

Heidi said...

You have a real cutie on your hands! Glad she is an "adorable" two!

jakenapril said...

She's too adorable for words. I give up.

She should be a model. I'm sure you have enough pics for a portfolio.

By the way, there are a ton of 2T summer clothes in the bins. Did you get the 2T bin?

Amy said...

Happy birthday to Claire! She is so adorable. Love all the pictures.

Ambler Fam said...

You have an adorable little one, Awesome pics! Where did you take them?!

Kristy said...

Mel, She's adorable. Absolutely adorable.

Olivia Jayne said...

She is absolutely adorable! I've had fun playing with her! I'm glad I got to meet you all :)

Andy and Kimi said...

She is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe she's 2 already- time flies.