Tuesday, May 4, 2010

You know you're pregnant when...

* Your nightstand has a pile of two pregnancy books, Babywise, a breastfeeding book, a child-rearing book, and a bowl from last night's late-night craving.

*You think very often about five foods:
#5 - Mambas


#4 - Wheat toast with peanut butter


#3 - Green leaf lettuce


#2 - Chinese food (particularly Panda Express' Beijing Beef)


#1 - Cherry Acai yogurt (from Smith's) with granola...I eat this almost every night.
(Also when you have at least six cartons of said yogurt downstairs, but don't want to take the time to get your camera, take a picture and upload it to the blog. So you settle for a picture of a different flavor.)


* You can only wear flip flops because no other shoe can fit on your feet.
(I will not be providing a picture.)

* You clean everything more than once and can't stand to have dishes in the sink overnight.

* You are consistently bumping your belly into people or walls because you're not used to having something protrude so far out of your body.

* When a water bottle falls on the floor in the car and you watch it roll back and forth because you cant reach it to pick it.

* You have to ask your husband to paint your toenails. Ugggh.

* You have to sticky-note everything because you can't remember what you did five minutes ago, let alone what you need to do in a week. Then you can't find said sticky note.

* You are exhausted every night from lack of sleep.

And the easiest way to know you're pregnant...
* The biggest reason you can't sleep is because you are more excited than ever to look at your sweet baby and hold him in your arms.

Sigh...11 days to go.

7 comments:

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

Cute list Mel.. I also loved beef when I was pregnant! I can't wait to see your newest addition.
By the way Claire is sooo dang beautiful. I love the new pics.

jakenapril said...

yeah. your list is right on. he will be here soon and all will be well. so excited.

Amy said...

Love the list! Feel for you girl. You are almost there, and it will all be worth it!! Let me know what I can do to help- bring you Mambas or Panda??

Leslie said...

Great post. Good idea on the flip flop thing. I wore 2 different shoes the day before I had Brooks. 11 days is nothing, however, i am sure that feels like forever to you! Good luck and I will be anxiously waiting the news.

Andy and Kimi said...

Yeah! So soon. I practically live on toasted wheat bread with peanut butter when pregnant- that and cheerios are the only foods that taste good :)
Can't wait to hear about when the little guy comes!

Rachel said...

ugh, i remember swollen feet. that's probably one of the worst parts. I can't believe you're at 11 days already. I can't wait to see pictures!

We'll be coming to UT at the end of July and I'm trying to convince Shiloh it would be a good time to get family pictures taken... I'll keep you posted.

Josie said...

One thing on your nightstand that you were missing......TUMS! I eat them every night! DANG HEARTBURN!