Sunday, October 3, 2010

26.2

On October 2, 2010 Nate accomplished a feat few people have accomplished. A feat that I truly have no desire to accomplish. :) He ran the St George Marathon. I cannot express to you how proud I was of him. I was bawling all weekend. He had a knee injury 2 months before the race and therefore, was only able to train for 5 weeks. He did one, yes one, long run (20 miles) in preparation. And he seriously rocked it. I was so proud.

He ran with some friends and we made a full weekend getaway out of it. The Luke-ster got to accompany us too, and thanks to my sister and mom for watching Claire.

Here he is getting his race packet...


We got to see him once during the race and then again at the finish line. Here is Luke waiting to see his daddy.


And here are the ladies, supporting our men! My shirt says, "My husband runs faster than your husband." :)


Nate at Mile 16. He stopped for about 30 seconds and talked to us and when I asked him how he was feeling he said, "Good." Good? Good?! You've just run 16 miles and have 10 more to go! I'd be asking for a ride home! :)


Right before the finish line...still smiling...


And there he is crossing the finish line. So. Dang. Proud.


Luke's onesie said "Daddy's Future Running Buddy".


Here's a shot of all the men after the race.


All of us together. What an unforgettable experience!


Way to go babe! We love ya!


Now we just need to talk him into doing it again next year... ;)

0 comments: