Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ski Utah

Nate and I hit up the slopes again, this time at Deer Valley. The day was incredible! The weather was perfect, the powder was fresh, and I got the WHOLE DAY alone with my hubby! What more could you ask for? Look how blue the sky was...


We left with only one minor injury (when I slipped on some ice - how embarrassing!), so overall the day was a complete success.


We left Claire at home with Nate's sister and her roommate...thanks again Mehren and Kim! Claire had so much fun with you guys!


I hadn't been to Deer Valley since I was in high school and I have fond memories of that ski trip....without going into too much detail, my two friends and I found a run that was WAY out of our skiing abilities, but had no other option to get down. We ended up taking off our skis, throwing them down the hill, and sliding on our butts all the way down. We laughed so hard that we, ummm, (I hate to admit this)...peed our pants. Thanks to Katie and Shea for the "warm" memories!! :P

4 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

HAHAHAHAHA I am laughing SOO hard! Oh good times, good times! I don't think I have been skiing since!! I really need to go! It looks like you guys had fun!

Marie said...

How fun! I'm glad you got out. It's been a really long time since we've gone skiing. I can't even fathom it, though, with this huge belly protruding from me.

Liz said...

There is nothing better than hanging out the whole day with your husband! I'm glad you had so much fun. P.S. Claire is so cute.

Triple A said...

I am so jealous about your ski trip. This is the year to do it. I can't wait until I am not pregnant to get back on the hills. Looks like tons of fun.