Thursday, May 22, 2008

Forward facing

I never knew two words would make such a difference in Claire's life. And in my life for that matter. She has officially graduated from a rear-facing car seat to a forward-facing one! {Meaning she is over one year old and weighs more than 20 pounds.} She absolutely loves it! I don't blame her. She can now see out the windows and isn't so bored staring at the back of the car all the time. That girl is riding in style. It looks so comfortable, I wish I had my own! When we first started driving today Claire kept saying, "Ha! Ha!" Then she was talking up a storm the rest of the ride..."da, da, da, lo, lo, looka, looka, looka..." (<--My interpretation of Claire's babbling.)
Oh, the simple things.

9 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

Precious Pic! and I LOVE the carseat- of course claire would have a girlie one :) SO SO cute!

Kyle and Marci said...

Melissa, Isn't it funny how the little things in life bring us so much joy. She is so cute and I love her car seat. Poor Kambri has to have hand-me-downs from Kade and Kyla. I think the only thing for her that won't be a hand me down are clothes. She is so much thicker than Kyla EVER was!!!

Hooray for forward facing!

Tiff Rudd said...

I saw a news story the other day that said they might start recommending you wait until 30 lbs! I hope not! I mean, I want my kids to be safe, but I remember how nice it was to finally be able to turn Cameron around! Like you said, I felt so bad as he got older and was stuck staring at the back seat! Cute car seat and even cuter little girl!

Team Korte said...

Jack just got his big-boy seat...he is over twenty pounds but not a year yet so it is still rear-facing. I can't wait till he can sit forward! I think he will enjoy it as well.

The Nortons said...

TURNING THE CARESEAT AROUND IS THE BEST!! I love the day that happens, in fact, I look forward to it!

Anonymous said...

How cute is SHE!? I love her hairband and cute shoes!

Angie H said...

I'm glad Claire finally got to break in her new seat. Drew says thank-you for sharing :)

Anne Woods said...

cute car seat! and pretty cute little baby too! yes, front facing car seats are a great thing!

Martha said...

We absolutely love our marathons! Of course, Dill's isn't as cute as Claire's is. Hooray for no more back breaking getting in and out of the car.