Monday, May 12, 2008

Race for the Cure

We participated in the Susan G. Komen "Race for the Cure" last Saturday! It was a blast!
...or should it be called "Walk for the Cure"...


Yes, it was a little crowded and there wasn't much "race" to be had. But still, we had a great time and all for a good cause! Nate and I took turns pushing Claire in the stroller. It was a fun little family outing. Here we are right before it started.


We had a pretty big group from our neighborhood who participated, but I only got one of all the girls.


Here are just some random pics during the walk...




This was our final time


You read that right, it was so crowded, it took us an hour and 18 minutes to walk 3.2 miles. But it was a well-spent hour and eighteen minutes!

Claire by the end of the race


It was a lot of fun! And now I feel inspired to do some more 5k's this summer. Maybe I'll even get a little ambitious and try a 10k! :)

12 comments:

Amy said...

I love the pictures- do you think you could make a copy of the group picture? I had a blast on Saturday with you and the rest of the girls.

Shanna and Brent said...

I'm so sad I didn't do it this year, I've done it for the past 5 years. oh well... next year. by the way I'm planning on doing a
10k in August, we should do it together!!!

Kyle and Marci said...

Oh man... that looks like so much fun. I wish we were back in Utah. You look so good and Claire is so cute. I love that pic of Nate with Claire. Cute family Melissa!

The Parks Fam said...

What a fun family outing! I wish we would have done the race. Next year for sure! We miss seeing the Plowmans, I think its time for a barbeque? Now that the weather is getting nicer we need to do something fun outdoors!

Marie said...

Way to support the cause, guys! Claire really outdid herself, didn't she? :)

The Hilton Family~ said...

what a fun thing. I can't believe how crowded it was. The pictures are darling!

Tiff Rudd said...

Way to go! It looks like it was fun and even better when it is for a good cause!

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

Hey...I didn't make it into your picture, probably because I was chasing my 3 yr old around and keeping up with my mom. BUT for the record...I was there too!!! ;)

Brooke said...

I love that first picture showing how many thousands of people were there! I might have steal it. =) Love all of your pictures on the picture blog!

jakenapril said...

Can't wait for the "Race" next year. It was such a blast and so thanks for documenting it...I loved watching you guys run ahead and then turn around to grab pics of the hoards of people. It was so fun...and I think Claire had the best seat. You are fantabulous!

jakenapril said...

P.S. And I pushed an empty stroller with no cute Claire in it!

Brynn said...

Our family does this every year in honor of my mom's sister who passed away at the age of 36 (I think). It is a neat thing to do and it makes you feel like even though cancer is such an awful thing, that at least there is something small that you can do to feel like you are helping to find a cure. I hope one day that they can!