Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happenings

I feel like I'm always back-blogging lately, but here are the latest happenings at our house last month. One day I'll be a good blogger again. ;)

Whenever I open the garage, Claire bolts out of there and runs toward the park. I caught her (camera in hand) before she got too far and told her to smile. Her version of "smile" - obviously I'm not very good at imitating it.


We took Claire to her first movie at a theater. We decided to go to the dollar theater so that if she didn't last, we wouldn't feel bad about leaving. We saw "Madagascar 2" and loved it! She just sat there eating her popcorn and every once in a while would call out "Lion...rrrrr" or "Birdie...tweet, tweet, tweet" or "Zebra". It was so fun. We'll definitely try it again soon.


I've been really into self-portraits lately because I decided that I'm sick of never being in pictures. So you'll be seeing a lot more of these babies...


Claire and I visited her Uncle RyRy at his condo and she loved it. He's a great uncle!


Making use of the good weather and playing outside with friends.


These are the beautiful daughters of one of my best friends, Marie. Claire always talks about Libby (Livvy) and Baby Alli.


We've gone to the Rec Center quite a few times lately. This time it was for my sis-in-law's birthday. We have so much fun every time we go...got to get a annual pass one of these days. Anyone have one and want to go?


Another self-portrait - the reason Claire looks so awesome is one of my brothers yelled "Do the face!" to Claire right before I took this.


Happy Birthday E'Shell! We have a blast celebrating with you! (Don't mind the gang sign in the corner.)


Claire and Grandma, or "Maka" as Claire calls her.


Claire and Drew are the best of buddies.

Obviously the grandkids did NOT want to be held.


My youngest brother turned 19 in February! He got his mission call last week to the Peru Lima mission and we couldn't be prouder. He's going to be such an AWESOME missionary (if his companion can get him out of bed, right Mom?) :)


I love this cute moment with my parents reading through his mission papers. We were all so happy for him.

More to come...

9 comments:

Dede said...

Cute pictures Mel! We have been thinking of getting a rec pass. If we end up getting one then we'll for sure have to take the kids swimming together! Hope you're unloading your camera so you have room to take lots of pics this weekend!! I'm so excited :)

Marie said...

Loved the update, and thanks for the shout-out to my girls. I just love being with you guys, and it makes me sad we don't see each other more often.

Your dad is looking so skinny! And congrats to the new missionary. It is so crazy he is that old. He will do a great job. He is a good-looking kid. I'll bet the Peruvian women will love him. :)

Kristy said...

Great pictures and update. Which Lima mission will your brother be in? We may be biased, but Paul and I think Peru is one of the greatest places on earth with some of the best people. You and Nate should start saving now so you can go to Peru when he finishes his mission and visit Machu Picchu. :)

Jenny said...

Glad to see you are all doing well! You have such a cute family!

Anonymous said...

Such fun pictures as usual! I need to try out this Rec Center sometime!

Brad and E'Shell said...

We have a pass and are always ready to go! Let us know when you need a buddy!

Jennifer Hatch said...

You and your family are so cute - I'm glad to see things are going well for you!

Ape said...

She is getting so big! Hope to see yo soon.
apes

B-Man said...

its actually the Peru Lima EAST mission