Sunday, March 14, 2010

Skiing!

I started skiing at a young age - I think I was around age five or six. I've always loved it. My parents would take us a few times a year and even let us skip school once or twice a year to go up. Nate is also an avid skier and used to get a season pass every year until Claire came along. Well, we wanted to start the tradition with her. So we took Claire up to Alta last Friday and were so excited to see what our 2-year-old would think of it. I'm so glad that it went even better than I would have thought. She loved it!

Waiting to get on the chair lift...Claire's still deciding what she thinks.


She loved the chair lift.




At the top of the mountain! It was my nephew, Corgan's, first time skiing too. My mom also came along.


Nate and Claire going down the hill. She kept a very straight face through the whole thing, but when we asked her if she liked it, she would say, "I love skiing!" You'll see in the video below.


Corgan loved it too!


Family pic at the top of the mountain. Please don't mind my 30-week prego belly. (I had to take advantage that my mom was there to take pictures).


My turn to take Claire!


Ha ha ha...we loved her little skis. She loved that they had her name on them.


The end of the day. What a memorable day it was. I can't wait for a few more years til we can take our little guy too!


Here is a little video of both Nate and I taking Claire. Notice that at the first part of her skiing with me, she yells, "faster!"

8 comments:

Laura said...

SO cute and fun! I love that she says "skiin'." Awesome!

Trish said...

So much fun! It looks like she really liked it. I still can't believe that you went skiing at 30 weeks!!!

Angie H said...

Wish we could have come ... when we watched the movie the first time, Drew loved that Claire said, "Where's Drewbie?"

Brianne Christopher said...

fun. marcus and brooke both want to try skiing now! we'll have to come visit so we can go. : ) good job claire.

Courtney and Dan Archer said...

She is SO super cute!! I haven't skiid in so long! I need to go!!

Marie said...

You crazy woman -- going skiing when you're that pregnant. Did you lose your balance? Claire looked absolutely darling. I haven't been skiing in ages. Do you remember how we used to go to Beaver Mountain?

Liz said...

looks like fun, hope you're feeling good too!

Sharlie and Raynel said...

I love those skis too! What a fun day! Cute pictures as usual!