Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easter

This Easter, Claire went on seven (count 'em - seven) Easter Egg Hunts. It just kind of worked out that way. Its so fun to watch her as she progressed from last year. Last year, we walked around with her and would have to point out eggs to pick up. This year she just ran off and grabbed.

Up first was our city's egg hunt. This was the weekend before Easter. Here are Claire, Annie and Drew ready to go.




The second hunt was an egg hunt with some friends in the neighborhood. They made cupcakes before the hunt. Here are Ashton and Claire enjoying theirs.


She loved this cow egg someone brought.


Later that day, we went to a hunt at the retirement home (where the light was gorgeous and I wished I could do an entire photo shoot with her). At this hunt there are always tons of eggs. Check out her basket and she still grabbed a few more.


The Easter Bunny was there and she remembered him from the year before. She ran right up to him and gave him a hug. Here is Corgan, Claire and Drew.


The fourth hunt was the morning before Easter at my bro and sis-in-law's city hunt. Here are Claire and Corgan all bundled up.


And they're off!


The fifth hunt was the most important, I think. The one at our house! Here she is, Easter morning.


Checking out the eggs.


Some of the loot the Easter Bunny brought her.


The sixth hunt was at my parent's later that day, where I forgot the camera. (E'Shell - if you have any pics, I'd love them.) Thanks again to my mom for putting on a fun Easter hunt and yummy dinner for everyone!

And the seventh hunt was the weekend after Easter at our church. Once again, pregnancy brain struck and although I remembered the camera this time, I forgot the memory card. So no pics from that day either.

All in all, way too much candy, but a lot of fun. We still have a large container filled with Easter candy. She doesn't love candy so I'm thinking we'll have it for a while. Here's one shot I got of her that morning. She always wants to use a prop, of which there are a plethora. L-o-v-e this girl.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

I'm so glad you document everything so well. It's fun to see the toddlers having fun together. I'm glad they're all close enough to get together often. Loved all the pictures. What a talent you have!

Laura said...

Great job thoroughly celebrating Easter! :) Love all the bright colors!

Jennifer Hatch said...

I LOVE the picture of her in the goggles - seriously laughed out loud! What a cutie. :)

jakenapril said...

too cutie cute! love miss claire and her amazing expressions. and the pic of her and ashton is darling...they make a great couple! :D and sheesh! claire sure loves easter egg hunting.