Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Jungle Jim's

Ever been there? I hadn't until a few weeks ago. And I can't tell you why we haven't been before. Jungle Jim's = a child's heaven. Its basically a mini-amusement park for kids. Bumper cars, swings, carousel, rockets, jeeps, spinning cars, etc. And we were pretty much the only ones there the whole time. A ride operator just followed us around, taking the kids on whatever ride they wanted. Claire still talks about it all the time. You can even print 2-for-1 coupons on their website and go all day for $4.

Claire, ready to get started.


On what she refers to as the "Spinners".


Paige, Drew and Claire


Riding the swings


Bumper cars. Claire couldn't reach the pedal and wasn't too great at steering, so she got in with Drew.


This is how you'll find my niece, Annie, often. She doesn't take a binkie, just loves those two middle fingers.


Cute Jason asleep on his mom's shoulder. Just look at those lashes.


Loving the jeeps.


Not my best photography, but I laugh every time I see this picture. We were just going around from ride to ride and wanted to try this one. We'd never seen it go before. Its a lot like Musicland Express at Lagoon. I put Claire on it, not having any idea how fast it goes. Ummm...fast is an understatement. It seriously hauls. She was pretty terrified.


But she got a hug from Drew after and felt much better.


And liked it much better when she could go with Aunt Angie.


If anyone wants to go, give us a call. We're always up for a Jungle Jim's day.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I've never heard of it...now I have to go! Thanks for the tip. Looks like a blast. Tiff

Jennifer Hatch said...

Would you suggest it for a 20 month old?

Anonymous said...

Mel - I can't stop laughing about that pic with Claire on the Musicland Express! Love that pic so - so much!!
-kimi-

Trish said...

Looks like so much fun! I need to take my nephew!

Candace said...

I have only been to Jungle Jims twice, but I want to go again now after reading your blog. I love all your pics, Claire is such a cutie, I can't believe she is 3, crazy!