Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Happy girl!

Claire marks five weeks on June 6! Here are her stats now:

Weight: 8.5 pounds
Height: 22 inches
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Dark blue (we think)

Two days ago, she started smiling back when I smile at her! It's been so fun! She doesn't do it every time...she has to be in a great mood. But there is nothing better in the world then when she smiles back at me! (Poor Nate is still waiting to get a smile out of her! :( ) She is also giggling in her sleep and it is SO cute.

Of course, she still loves to stick out her tongue. When she's awake, she does it almost constantly!


Claire is really good at focusing with her eyes and she'll follow our faces back and forth. She absolutely loves the mobile in her crib. She'll choose one of the hanging butterflies and will follow it around and around. She also goes cross-eyed a lot...hence the picture... :)


She is also starting to talk more. She coos, gurgles, and grunts all the time. It's so fun to listen to her. She also loves it when mom and dad sing to her. When she is having a hard time going to sleep, I'll sing her the song from Mary Poppins "Stay Awake" and it almost always does the trick.
It's getting more and more fun being a mom. Having Claire react to us makes me so happy! She's such an angel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Pics Lis!
It's fun to see them.
Now you've got to remember to keep that up for every child you have, no fair favoring Claire.
She's only going to get more and more fun.
Love you all, Mom

Rachel said...

So cute! I can't believe how adorable she is. I'm glad Blake made you call me on Sunday, Shi & I were so excited to hear your news. Check in to our blog for our updates. I think it's rachelandshiloh.blogspot.com ... we'll see. Anyway, great to hear from you and congratulations again!!

Brooks said...

Those are some great pictures! I'm glad you're so on top of your blog! I love to hear how much you love being a mom...it makes me excited for whenever that day happens for us!