Thursday, February 14, 2008

All I need is you, my Valentine (think Martina McBride)

So a bunch of my friends have tagged me lately with a post all about my husband. Since today was very fitting, I thought I would wait until today to comply. So you guys are all going to learn a little bit more about Nate:

What is his name? Nathan Jay
How long have you been married? 4 1/2 years, we’ve known each other for over six.
How old is he? 29 (old man if you ask me)
How long did you date? 1 year and 5 months until we were engaged, 3 more months until we were married.
Who eats more? Seriously, is this even a question? Nate could eat truckloads if I put it in front of him…although from looking at him you could never tell. Not fair.
Who said I love you first? This is actually a pretty funny story. He did. And I was so nervous that I said it back and then told myself that I really didn’t love him. So after having a long, heartfelt discussion with my roommate (Nate is still mad at you Marie)…I took it back! What a jerk I was huh? Well, it was about 4 months later that I said it again and this time I really meant it. :)
Who kissed who first? He kissed me, but he took SO long that I almost did it myself! (Ok, it was really only 10 days after we met, but we hung out every day so it felt like FOREVER to me!)
Who is smarter? Nate Dogg all the way. He never forgets one thing he reads. He knows the most random facts because of this. It’s amazing.
Whose temper is worse? Mine…definitely. If it were up to Nate, I’m sure we’d never argue again.
Who does the laundry? We both do. Actually, I think he does it more than me.Who does the dishes? We both do, but I’d have to say that I do them more often.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do, but not every where we go. I always sleep on the side of the bed that is farthest from the door. Why? Because I’m a baby.
Who pays the bills? I pay all our bills but one. This is a secret credit card that Nate has so he can buy me birthday and Christmas presents and I can’t peek into our account to see what he’s bought me.
Who cooks dinner? He used to made dinner WAY more than me, but since I stay home now I pretty much do most of the cooking.
Who drives when you are together? Nate (and I can honestly say I NEVER open my own door when he’s around).
Who is more stubborn? Me. Poor, laid-back Nate has to put up with my stubborn ways…but I must say there are a few key things he’s stubborn about and I like it when he is. It always makes me laugh.
Whose parents do you see the most? Mine, but just because his parents live in Seattle.
Who proposed? Nate, at second dam in Logan Canyon.
What is one thing you love most about your man? Nate rocks. I can’t choose just one thing…so here’s a few.

  • He is the most unselfish person you will ever meet; always thinking of others before himself.
  • He is an awesome dad.
  • He has an incredible testimony of the gospel and knowledge of the scriptures. It goes back to “never forgetting anything he reads.” He can quote scriptures right and left.
  • He always takes care of Claire and me and never wants me to have to do anything once he’s home. He gets mad if I tell him I’m going to shovel the driveway because he thinks that’s his job…so he ends up scrapping ice off the driveway because its dark when he gets home.
  • He is very dedicated and loyal. You can always count on Nate.
  • He listens to me go on and on about nothing and always acts interested.
  • He is a HOTTIE!
  • He is extremely thoughtful. In fact, every time he eats a pack of fruit snacks, he pulls out the purple ones (my favorite) and saves them for me.
  • And he is everything I never knew I always wanted.

I LOVE YOU BABE!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

9 comments:

Shanna and Brent said...

so sweet!!! I like learning new stuff about people... VERY CUTE blog (especially all those pics of your baby girl... she's pretty much the cutest thing EVER.. do you just kiss those cheeks all day long?) and I agree with you about monthly gno.. it was fun! by the way, I added your blog to my links... hope that's ok!!! :)
shanna

Kyle and Marci said...

You two were made for each other!

Josh and Kelsey said...

Loved the info Mel. Nate sounds a lot like Josh! But really I wrote to say, I love the Valentine song by Martina!!! It's my all time favorite love song.

Tif said...

What a cute blog and what a cute couple. You guys are both awesome!I relate with the snow shoveling thing. Erik is the same way. I feel pretty spoiled because he always insists on doing it and I don't complain because the truth is it's not my favorite thing anyway!

Ape said...

Go Nate! You are very lucky! I hope you had a great V-day.

Marie said...

Nate, how dare you be angry with me. I only give good advice. I thought my dearest Mel should be open and honest with you because you deserve that kind of respect. You still got the girl, you know. And now see how she worships you? It was all worth it. :) By the way, you are an exceptional husband and person, and I thank you for that.

Stephenson and Katie said...

Ahh Nate is such a sweet guy... I've never seen a guy worship his wife more than him! It's adorable!! The fruit snack comment made me laugh- I remember that cause i HATE purple and you'd always eat mine for me :)

MissLed said...

I can't believe you took your "I love you" back!" Ouch! Good thing you did end up falling in completely in love with the guy. You two are cute!

Martha said...

Ahh, the romances that went on in that apartment that semester. We all ended up with the right guy, though none of us thought any of them were right at first. I do have to say that oddly enough, I sleep on the right side at home...but also sleep farthest from the door when we are travelling. I never thought about it until you said something! LOL Love you guys!