Thursday, February 7, 2008

Poor Claire

My sweet little girl had to get her blood drawn today. And instead of just getting her foot pricked, she had to have it taken from her arm like an adult. The nurses had to put the needle in FIVE TIMES (once in each arm, once in her hand and twice in her other hand) before they finally got enough blood. Poor Claire was screaming. I felt so bad for my little girl. It's so hard to watch her cry and not be able to do anything about it.

But once we got home and she had a little nap, this is how she looked...
I'm so glad she's such a happy little girl. When the nurse put the needle in the first time, Claire was still trying to smile-even through the tears. Now, hopefully she'll stay this way...especially through the teenage years. :)

9 comments:

Tiff Rudd said...

Poor girl, but boy what a cutie!! I hate the look they give you when they get shots or have blood drawn like "why are you hurting me?" It is so heartbreaking as a mom to see your baby hurting!! Glad she is feeling better!

jeremyandholly said...

probably one of the worst feelings EVER. my heart seriously HURTS when my babies are being stuck with needles...you feel so helpless. max has to get shots next week and i'm literally DREADING IT! poor sweet little claire:( and poor mommy:(

The Willson Family said...

She is so cute. It breaks your heart, especially when they start to say 'mama, mama'! She looks so brave, though! Those little cheeks kill me, she is too sweet!

Marie said...

Why did she have to have blood drawn? I would have punched the nurses in the face.

Tif said...

Poor Claire. What a trooper. I can't even imagine her going through something like that. She is always so happy and smiley! I hope that everything is okay.

Bonny said...

awww! That would have been so tuff! She looks so cute all the time. I love that hair and her big smile!

Kyle and Marci said...

She is so adorable! I hope she is okay. What a brave little soldier to have been poked so many times!

lil megan said...

how sad...what was she getting blood drawn for, that is a lot of pokes? We've never had to poke a baby that many times before. That's crazy. But she is adorable and I always love the updates.
Megs

lil megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.