Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sick.

Sorry once again for the lack of posts. We've all been sick. :( It all started with Nate. He came down with a high fever and chills on Monday. It's probably the sickest I have ever seen Nate. Then it spread to Claire. Her temperature got up to 104 degrees on Tuesday. So I took her into the doctor where she tested positive for Influenza Type A. The dreaded flu. The poor girl even got a flu shot this year. Then it spread to me on Wednesday night. Luckily for me it didn't last as long as the other two. I hate being sick! I had so many things to do this week and NONE of it got done! :( Oh well. At least I got to lie around in bed re-reading the Twilight series.

Well, to brighten this post up a bit, here is a photo I took of Claire for my photography class earlier this week.

Nate has taught Claire to do this face on command when he says "Home Alone". It's not consistent yet, but when she does do it she is SO proud of herself.

13 comments:

Team Korte said...

I am so sorry to hear Claire has the flu. No fun! Jack has had a runny nose the last few days but so far no fever, thank goodness. Hope you guys start feeling better soon.

Brynn said...

Those pictures are so cute! The Home Alone one makes it look like she's pushing her head so hard she's pushing up those piggie tails! She is the cutest little girl EVER! Sorry about the sickies...only Joseph caught a little something that is now gone...it has been a long winter though!

Jamie said...

That "Home Alone" picture is so so cute and funny! Ha ha. Claire is looking so much more like a little girl (rather than a baby). She is adorable.

Kyle and Marci said...

Oh my goodness, Claire is so cute! I love the "Home Alone" picture. Kambri is doing the peek a boo right now and I am having so much fun with it!!

Sorry to hear that y'all have been sick. Isn't it fun to read the books again? I thought it was!

Marie said...

How wretched that you were all so sick! I'm glad things are on the mend. The "Home Alone" picture cracks me up. It almost looks fake, but since Claire is so smart and talented, I know it's real :).

jakenapril said...

Oh no! Not you guys too! I guess it was inevitable with it going around, but I so don't love it when the little ones are sick...and husbands aren't much better either. But the picture of Claire sure make the post better! Can't wait until you're all feeling better...Macaulay Culking, eat your heart out! You've got nothing on Claire Plowman!!!

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

I don't think their is anything worse then to have your little child sick and then you be sick at the same time.. Claire is so darling. Hope you all feel better.

Anne Woods said...

Those pictures of Claire are priceless. She is so cute!!

Tiff Rudd said...

So sorry you guys have been sick - no fun!! Those pictures are to die for though. Adam and I were talking last night and wondering if we could pay you to take some family pictures for us in June when we come home to visit. You are obviously very good!

Bonny said...

dah! cute pictures! I'm glad you are all feeling a bit better.

Tif said...

I'm so sorry to hear that the flu went through your house too. That stuff is awful. I hope you are all feeling better. I LOVE the pictures of Claire. She is ADORABLE!!! I'm excited that you are getting even more into photography.

Leslie said...

I am sorry you were sick! That has been going around like crazy. And again, darling pics of Claire.

Davis'...things that make us smile said...

k-i was doing some blog surfing and found you! How cute is your little one! She's definitely got some cute hair. Do you carry around a curling iron for her like you did in soccer! Just kidding it's good to see you and your cute family!
Missy Hinds