Friday, April 11, 2008

Weekend update

{Disclaimer: Wow...I took way too long to blog about last weekend! I do have an excuse though- we've been out of town all week on a spur-of-the-moment trip. Pics of that to be posted soon!}

Last weekend was one busy weekend! I'm sad to say that most of it was work, but we got to play a little bit. We've been working on getting our backyard in and that's basically what we did the whole weekend. On Friday, Nate got five truckloads of compost and dumped it all over the yard. Then he rented a gigantic tiller to till the compost into our soil, which is basically concrete. Here he is, hard at work.


After working all day Friday, we got up bright and early on Saturday and this time rented a trencher to dig all our sprinkler pipe trenches. Again, there is no way you could do this without a machine. Our soil really is concrete.



My brother, Brad, actually saved the day by bringing all kinds of tools for us to use! So a big thanks to Brad (who I didn't get any pictures of) and Ry for coming and helping.



We ended up getting about half of the pipe installed, so we're hoping to have another fun-filled weekend this weekend to finish up. :)


A funny thing that happened on Saturday morning...Claire started waking up so I went into her room to get her and I do believe that Claire was in her own personal heaven. Can you tell why from the picture?


She was all smiles because she had THREE BINKIES all at once! She kept rotating them out every 15 seconds or so because she couldn't decide which one to have in her mouth!


On Saturday night, while the guys were at Preisthood session, my mom, sister, sis-in-law and I took the babies and went to dinner at Costa Vida. YUM! Then we all went over to the S. Davis Rec Center (my newfound favorite place) to take the kids swimming. It was a blast! Here's the group, minus me.


Claire and me...man, she loves the water!






It was my nephew, Corgan's, first time in a pool. It was kind of cold and the poor kid didn't have too much fun. He was in this position the whole night. Literally.



Claire was in love with her grandma the whole time in the pool. She didn't want anything to do with me once they started playing. If I tried to hold her, she'd just reach back for Grandma!


The rec center has this awesome waterslide that is pretty big and goes fast. Ang and I decided to take Drew and Claire on it. From the pictures, it doesn't look like the kids had that much fun, but we loved it!



Seriously, Corgan did not move from this position. But isn't he darling anyway?




Finally, here are the three kiddies. I love this pic because it looks like Claire and Drew might be enjoying some kind of inside joke and Corgan was sitting up all by himself.



What a fun and busy weekend!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Two things: 1-your yard is huge! It's going to be so gorgeous and awesome for you when it's all done!
2-Claire is the stinkin' cutest kid ever--I just want to squish her! Cute, cute pics

Angie H said...

Love the pics! I need copies. Hope you guys had fun in WY.

*Katie* said...

Cutest nursery! Love the paint! Annie hoards her binkies, too. I don't see the appeal .... Claire is so sweet! Those cheeks are my favorite :)

Linzy said...

That trencher is a serious piece of equipment!! Wow! I love your patio. Its really pretty!

Stephenson and Katie said...

That's so fun that there are all those cute cousins the same age....I bet your mom loves it! It was so good to see you guys last night!! We really need to do it more often...

Andy and Kimi said...

Love Claire with the binkies- my oldest son has the same obsession! Good job on your backyard, that will be so nice when it's completed!

Sibber said...

Nice to have so many handy men around! LOVE the swimming pictures... what a fun day for you all! Love ya!

The Nortons said...

Good work. Your yard look like it will be so fun with kids! Good luck as you are finishing up.

I love the rec center too! Those pictures were so cute. It is such a fun place to go with kids.

Tiff Rudd said...

Way to go on a great productive and fun weekend! You are going to love that big yard when Claire gets older! She is such a cutie and so happy with her collection of binkies! I wish my kids would take a binkie! Neither of them have liked them at all and I am still trying to get Cameron to stop sucking his thumb!! Anyway, good luck on the rest of the yard!

Ali said...

Oh my gosh! I hear ya on the concrete for soil! Dan dug down pretty deep and hauled out as much of it as he could! There's some stuff you may have already used, but if not--it's some sort of pellet you can cover your beds with. I guess it sinks in and breaks up the concrete. You're yard is looking so great! It will be fun when it's finished!

That Claire couldn't be any cuter! I haven't seen her in way too long! Those are the cutest pictures! xoxo