Friday, November 9, 2007

Wild animals and a lunch date!

The University Hospital had some of the land animals from Sea World/Busch Gardens come by for the patients and employees of the hospital. My friend's husband is a doctor there so she invited us to come along! I'm not sure how much of it Claire understood, but it was a perfect day and she loved being outside!

Here's our group with the reindeer...

Here's Claire and me with the baby camel...as you can see from her face I think she thought it was a little strange...
Then we went and met Nate for a hot lunch date at Mimi's. Such a fun day! It was hard to get Claire to look at the camera...she's so distracted by everything!


She loves to drink out of a straw, so our waitress got her her very own drink. Since this was a first...we had to document it with a picture!

This last one is just such a Claire face that I had to post it. She makes this face when she's frustrated about something. In this one she even has the hand simultaneously going. She's probably thinking right now, "I am sucking on this straw and nothing is coming. I'm not going to wait all day. Where is my water??!"

Finally, Claire and I did some shopping afterward and I'd feel like a bad friend if I didn't share my new favorite store with everyone. It's called Steve and Barry's and it's the first one in Utah. Sarah Jessica Parker just designed a clothing line for them and it's amazing and cheap! Check it out!

4 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

Oh goodness that denim jacket is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen! I hope I have a girl first so I can have some of Claires hand-me-downs :)

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? Steve & Barry's is now in UTAH? I am going there ASAP. I am literally SICK with excitement. Honestly. You better not be joking around Melissa, or I will track you down and TP your house.
Anyhow, thank you for your birthday message!!! Add me to your friends link!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and one more thing...How did you get the music on your sidebar???

Rachel said...

What a great face! Nate's cousin (Clint?) and his wife just moved into our ward. I cannot believe how much Nate and Clint (?) look like each other!