Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Emerald City

I'm finally getting around to blogging about our 4th of July trip to Seattle! That's where Nate grew up and his parents still live there. We love it and almost moved there, (we both got job offers there after college) but just couldn't afford the cost of living. :( So we try to visit Nate's parents a few times a year. We had another great trip!

We arrived on the afternoon of the 4th and we straight over to a great park by Nate's parent's house.


This was the day Claire figured out how to walk up the stairs instead of crawl up them...hmmm....still not sure how I feel about this.


Nate showing off his awesome climbing skills.


Nate's brother, Chris, proving he's got muscles too.


Nate's dad is just so cute with Claire! The whole trip she would sign and say "bampa" over and over.



That night we had some family over for a BBQ. Claire decided she wanted to "bump, bump" (jump on the trampoline), and she was the center of attention as usual.


Having fun with Uncle Chris


We went over to some friend's house for fireworks over the lake, and I'm not sure how this happened, but I didn't take any pictures.

The next morning, Grandpa take Claire how to play the piano.


Then we drove over to Snoqualmie Falls. Of course, it started pouring the second we got out of the car. So we ran for cover and only got to spend about 20 minutes there.

Saturday night we played a rousing game of Turbo Cranium...let's just say it got a little late and Mehren and Sheri (Nate's sister and mom) got a little giggly.



After church the next day, we went to the Washington Park Arboretum to take a walk. It is a huge botanical garden and it's beautiful! Claire got to ride on Grandpa's shoulders.


But she did not want me to hold her.


Ahhh...I love these two.


Group shot, minus Chris.


Family photo, thanks to Nate's dad.

On Monday, we "bumped, bumped" in the morning...Claire's hair got a little static-y.



Went to the beach in the afternoon.

And had a picnic at another park for dinner.

Claire mastered the bridge.


Tuesday, our last day, we went to a city farm. Claire loved the horses and kept signing all the animals.

With Aunt Mehren



What a great trip! We did so many fun things and Claire loved spending time with "Bampa, Gama, Uncle Cis, and Aunt Mera." :)

5 comments:

Team Korte said...

Oh how I love the Pacific Northwest. My whole family is from Oregon and our goal is to get back there within 6 years. It is just so beautiful. It looks like you had so much fun. Claire is getting to be such a big girl. SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Seattle is amazing! I wish we went there more. I just have to say, the pictures on this post are amazing! How do you get them to have so much color?

Tiff Rudd said...

I didn't remember Nate was from Seattle. Looks like a fun place and a great trip! Claire is getting so big and it sounds like she is talking a ton! What a cutie!

Marie said...

What a great trip. It's too bad I've never been to Seattle. Claire's static hair is my favorite. :) For heaven's sake, now can we get together?

Kristy said...

That does look like a fun trip. I keep meaning to tell you that I think your hair is so cute right now. I love how you have it cut and styled. I'm in desperate need of something new! My only thing is that with the humidity at least I can put it in a pony tail!