Saturday, July 12, 2008

Gone Country

If you can't tell from my major lack of posts, we've been out of town for the past three weeks. We were in Cali (see post below), then in Wyoming (oh joy of joys), and then Seattle. The best part about summer is traveling right? Well, this post will be dedicated to our Wyoming trip.

Ahhhh....Rawlins, Wyoming. Never did I dream that I would get another fun-filled week in Rawlins. But oh boy, my dream did come true. Nate had to spend THREE weeks there, working seven days a week, twelve hours a day. Claire and I joined him his last week there. This was the most entertaining part about the drive...the windmills!


We did a little exploring the first day there and found a state park called Seminoe. It had these white sandy beaches that made you feel like you were in the Carribean. It was crazy to find a place like that in Wyoming!



Claire was having an awesome hair day.







Pretty much the rest of the trip consisted of this...



this...




and this...




The only two eventful things that happened were when Claire and I got to meet the Rawlins Fire Chief while in line at the post office. We had a good 10-minute conversation about the tricks to fighting fires in Wyoming and his seven granddaughters. Then one night at dinner we met a nice couple from Tulsa and after about five minutes of talking, they had given us their home address, home and cell phone numbers so we could stay with them the next time we're in Tulsa. We're supposed to remind them how we know them when we call. Apparently, they give this information out to a lot of people.

Finally, Claire and I did an impromtu photo shoot in an alley behind the town furniture store.








Claire on the way home. She kept demanding, "ip, ip". She loves the Sun Chips like her Mom.




I think we really did have as good a time as you can in Rawlins. It was just good to finally be with Nate - we missed you babe!

5 comments:

Dennis Family said...

So fun! I have decided it's not about where you go, it's just about going! Sandy beaches and a pool...what more could you want! Claire is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys can make anywhere look fun! I love the pictures of Claire in the pool...she is so animated!

Kyle and Marci said...

You are so beautiful and so is Claire! Your posts are so much fun and I wished we lived closer. I hope to see you guys soon.

Tiff Rudd said...

CUTE pictures! Sounds like you can make just about anywhere into a fun vacation spot! Glad you got to go be with Nate!

Team Korte said...

I heart Rawlins!